Friday, April 29, 2011

Terra Nova WIP


Doing a quick-ish piece of some dryad girl lost in the jungle. It's currently just a work in progress. I'm trying to learn not to get too much in to the rendering before I've established the basic colours and light sources and all that stuff that gets neglected when I focus too much on rendering. It's also a chance for me to play with lighting, shadow positions and a bit of composition... but mostly colours and light so I'm not too much all over the place.
For some reason I was inspired by Conny's Amazon Female concept drawing that I saw on his DA... oh Conny, how you always make me puuuuuuuuuush it to da limit... I mean push myself harder <3

1 comment:

  1. Haha really? That's awesome man. I felt like it came out a bit fugly and a bit awkward.. but I guess that's how we see our own work all the time!

    I think this process is really suited for you and I agree with the "lost in the rendering" thing too. I end up doing that sometimes too when I lay too much crap on it too early. Keeping it clean like you have done in this one is a great idea and then slowly working it up.

    Looks cool so far man, the colors are clear and atmospheric!

    ReplyDelete