Monday, December 27, 2010

Gear Head


Just a quick little concept sketch of a girl I'm going to use for a few concept art thingies. I posted a few earlier sketches of her in a previous post. This might not be the final design so if you got any suggestions, just shoot them this way and I'll see if I like them.

And now I want to end with another, rather long, Stephen Fry quote. I know it must be annoying for you to see me go on and on about his quotes but many of them really are worth listening to (of course he's not the only one that gives great advice and asks great questions). And this one is one of those worth thinking about. And if you think that I'm pointing this quote towards you personally, don't. Because it's pointed towards anyone who believe they got this issue.
But first, a little side note..I find it funny how I fool myself in to thinking that more than 4 people actually read this blog while i write these posts lmao.





"Certainly the most destructive vice, if you like, that a person can have – more than pride, which is supposedly the number one of the cardinal sins – is self-pity.
I think self-pity is the worst possible emotion anyone can have. And the most destructive.
It is, to slightly paraphrase what Wilde said about hatred (and I think that hatred is a subset of self-pity, not the other way around) it destroys everything around it except itself.
Self-pity will destroy relationships; it will destroy anything that’s good, it will fulfil all the prophecies it makes and leave only itself.

It is so simple to imagine that one is hard done by and that things are unfair and that one is under-appreciated and that if only one had a chance at this or if only one had a chance at that things would have gone better: you would be happier if only this.. that one is unlucky. All those things. And some of them may well even be true.
But to pity oneself as a result of them, is to do oneself an enormous disservice."
- Stephen Fry


TL;DR:

"Stop feeling sorry for yourself and you will be happy" - Stephen Fry

No comments:

Post a Comment