Thursday, July 16, 2009

Meditatio

Okay so lately I've been almost isolating myself just to draw and draw. I've had this sudden rush of inspiration and I've doodled several pages with stuff. But it also made me realize that I still don't feel like a real artist. I don't feel like I'm expressing anything through art and I don't feel like I got that little extra thing that makes a picture look good and expressive that every good artist seem to have. I feel like I'm just out of reach to get to that point but it's so hard to find that little extra something that takes my art to the next level.
I also don't feel like I'm creative either. Because all I seem to draw is random characters and most of them are pretty sub-par and have a pretty common look. Nothing I draw is expressive, artistic and creative on the level of a great artist.
Now I know this just sounds like I'm whining about my skills... but I don't mean to. I just needed to get it off of my mind. Because I do know how I'm going to get all these things that I want... through practice. And then some more practice. And then a lot more practice. And I also need to learn how to let the pictures come to me on their own instead of trying to force the pictures out. Which also takes a lot of practice and, as Jenna sometimes says, trial and error.
I think I do know what I need to learn more properly before I get there though. Colouring! I am so impatient when it comes to that so I'm far from as good as I could have been at it. And I need it to fully finish most pictures.

Aaaand now it feels like this text is a whole mess so I'll just stop now lmao. I'm going to go back to my practicing and I will keep doing it like a fucking animal.. because I love it c:



"Art is everywhere, except it has to pass through a creative mind." - Louise Nevelson

2 comments:

  1. Oj, vad berörd jag blev av det här inlägget. Först skriver du att du inte känner dig bra nog och att du måste träna, och förklarar att det är svårt - men i slutet bara "because I love it". Som att det är värt det. Jag vet inte många som känner så faktiskt, att de tycker att något är så jobbigt men att det faktiskt är värt det för att de älskar det de håller på med.

    Som du skriver, det gäller bara att träna så går det :] <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe oj, hade inte räknat med att den skulle beröra någon. Kul att den hade en sån effekt.

    Och jo jag har sätt så många som bara slutar med att teckna och måla bara för att de inte är "bra nog" trots att de från början tyckte det var kul. Fler borde jobba på för, som sagt, practice makes perfect c:

    ReplyDelete